Talisman of El

Talisman of El

By Alicia Stone


3 out of 5

Synopsis:
WHAT IF YOUR WHOLE LIFE WAS A LIE?

One Planet.

Two Worlds.

Population: Human ... 7 billion.

Others ... unknown.

When 14-year-old Charlie Blake wakes up sweating and gasping for air in the middle of the night, he knows it is happening again. This time he witnesses a brutal murder. He's afraid to tell any one. No one would believe him ... because it was a dream. Just like the one he had four years ago - the day before his dad died.

Charlie doesn't know why this is happening. He would give any thing to have an ordinary life. The problem: he doesn't belong in the world he knows as home. He belongs with the others.


Review:
A good, and very imaginative book.

It just didn't grab me as much as I'd hoped it would. I was often confused about the different ranks of angels/elementals etc, and I also struggled with how certain information was dealt out - the narrator swings from revealing information as Charlie discovers it, to suddenly reeling off facts and details that only an Arcadian knows. Or Charlie would come against some obstacle/occurrence, and remember that "Candra/Avaran had told him that this method would work".

Hmm, I'm not explaining myself very well here. I may have to add this book to my "to re-read" pile, and I might come back with a better mark.


Goodreads link
Amazon.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Welcome to my potentially terrible new blog.

The Darkest Part of the Forest

Markie Madden Interview